Saturday 21 April 2012

Toga Day


Toga. It is a new word in my brain's vocabulary. I never heard this word before until the day Mr. Mark mentioned it in the previous class. When I heard he said this word, lots of colourful and shining question marks appear on my head. I was thinking, what on earth was this toga thing anyway?

Now I know what is toga. Toga is, hmmm... How can I say this? It is something that the Greeks and Romans were wearing, some sort of fashion during that time. It was kind of funny anyway, looking at a bunch of men wearing something that looks like a blanket that almost cover up 100% of their body.

On that cheerful day, we have been asked by Mr. Mark to do a roleplay. A roleplay on how Caesar was killed  by his own men and his ungrateful adopted son, Brutus. Yusoff was being chosen to bring the character of Caesar, Abu would be Brutus and I can't remember what was Zainal's role in that roleplay, and a few of my classmates that will kill Caesar.

After a rough practice, the real roleplay begins. With the background music was playing, Yusoff, or Caesar, walked in. "All hail Caesar!", cried the whole class. After a simple, little talk with Casca and Cassius, then the climax has come. We stabbed Yusoff full-heartedly, although at that time my toga does not look like toga anymore. Then, Brutus or Abu came. With his drama face, he stabbed Yusoff in the heart. And so the roleplya ends. I have to admit that I enjoy wearing toga that day. Others as well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment